Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The World According to Buffett


Well as I sit here and make up a new Jimmy Buffett playlist for Deb's IPhone and ponder the future I thought I would throw in a couple of my favorite Buffett quotes.


From the song Holiday

"You need a holiday take a holiday find a far off wonder land where you might regain command of your life today"


From the song Cowboy in the Jungle

"With no plans for the future He still seems in control From a bronco ride to a ten foot tide He just had to learn to roll.Roll with the punches Play all of his hunches Made the best of whatever came his way What he lacked in ambition He made up with intuition Plowing straight ahead come what may. .......They're tryin' to drink all the punches They all may lose their lunches Tryin' to cram lost years into five or six says Seems that blind ambition erased their intuition Plowin' straight ahead come what may.I don't want to live on that kind of island No, I don't want to swim in a roped off sea.Too much for me, too much for me I've got to be where the wind and the water are free."


From the song One Particular Harbor

"I know I don't get there often enough But God knows I surely try It's a magic kind of medicine That no doctor could prescribe "


From the song A Pirate Looks at Forty

"Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call,Wanted to sail upon your waters since I was three feet tall.You've seen it all, you've seen it all.....Yes, I am a pirate two hundred years too late.The cannons don't thunder there's nothin' to plunder I'm an over forty victim of fate Arriving too late, arriving too late."


From the song Back To The Island

"Well I hope you understand I just had to go back to the island And watch the sun go down Listen to the sea roll in"


From the song Changes In Latitudes Changes In Attitudes

"These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes Nothing remains quite the same Through all of the islands and all of the highlands If we couldnt laugh we would all go insane.......God I wish I was sailin again Oh, yesterdays over my shoulder So I can't look back for too long There's just too much to see waiting in front of me And I know that I just can't go wrong"




1 comment:

GW said...

And from Kenny Chesney's 'Don't Blink':

"Cause when your hourglass runs out of sand,
You can't flip it over and start again..."

Weather