Thursday, January 3, 2008

Winter Wonderland?




More like wondering why are we still in this cold wet mess. It is something like 12 degrees here today with a couple of inches of snow.




"Goin' where the sun keeps a-shinin'through the pouring raingoin' where the weather suits my clothes" Jimmy Buffett.




As for details, I sold the truck on Ebay Yesterday and have to finish up the paperwork on that. Now we have to deal with Deb's car. The Griswald's are all gone so now we have to finish packing up the house and any household items that we are going to ship to the islands. It looks like the weather is going to warm up over the weekend and into next week, way back up into the 50's which is a good thing as I have a few last minute things to do to the house outside to get it ready for the tenants.




And last but not least it is three weeks from today that we will be wheels down in St Thomas. The islands soon come.




Jay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,
I have enjoyed reading your blog about the island. A former student of mine who is from St. Thomas sent me a job vacancy notice for something at UVI. I started checking out what I could find about the university. I came across your blog and thought I would ask you, too! Can you help? What is the current student enrollment? I get different answers depending on where I look. I see that the president will be leaving in 2009. Is there a problem?? I have seen as many as 68 job openings on the campus, most professional. Is there a reason for such a large vacancy rate as I was under the impression enrollment for the 2 campuses is around 2200-2500. Thanks much.

Deb and Jay said...

Hello,

Thanks for the comment. There are a lot of job postings for professors at the University, but I wouldn't take that as a sign of discontentment, it's just the nature of the island. People are always coming and going. Your enrollment numbers are correct. It is a small University, but most people like it that way. It's a very beautiful campus and the people are very friendly. I'm not sure of the reason why the president is leaving (I'm still new and learning everything) but I think they are only in the position for a set amount of time unless the board approves an extenstion and I dont' think her's was approved. ??? We did so much research before moving here, there is so much information out there. We felt pretty prepared and have had no regrets. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
Deb

Weather