Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Busy Busy


Well I went to Home Depot yesterday on my day off to get some stuff and look around. I was impressed with the availability of materials. It is pretty much the same inventory as a stateside Home Depot. I am numb to prices so I am sure there are some variations as to stateside prices but it wasn't a huge difference on most things. The cash registers were of course a disaster. They had one girl trying to run one of those four register check yourself out stations. Not a good idea any place on the planet. Half of the items wouldn't scan which of course required her to come an d enter them manually then there was the bulk wire has to be entered manually. Then there were the items that didn't weigh the correct amount when placed in the bag they had to be overridden manually and the alarm at the door that goes off constantly as the little RF tags on expensive items weren't being properly deactivated by the customers playing cashiers.

On a brighter note I did procure enough stuff to fix the timer for the pool pump.

Jay

No comments:

Weather