Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wal-Mart Update


Well here is the skinny on the Wal-Mart Order. The order was shipped on 2/18, it was received by our mail service on 3/6. It only took 6 days to get to Puerto Rico, but it took 11 days to get from Puerto Rico to STT. Seventeen days for a package that would have only taken 7-8 days via priority mail. So the long and the short is if you have time to wait, it is a reasonable way, by island standards to order something. But true to large corporate mentality their chosen method of using FedEx to get it to the local post office, or in our case the regional center in Puerto Rico isn't necessarily the most efficient means of shipping but there is no flexibility in their plans. The shorts fit well and I wish I had ordered two pair of each.

Jay

4 comments:

heinz said...

I have used Walmart for a number of things in the US and have found their costs, shipping to be good. one question - have you tried the St. John brewing company's pale ale (and how is it) and is Blackbeard Ale still in business?

thank you,
Heinz

Deb and Jay said...

Yes the products were fine. I think the fly in th ointment is that once they turn the package over to the Post Office in PR it becomes parcel post which can take weeks. I wouldn't hesitate to order again just plan ahead.
As for VI Pale Ale yes I have tried it and it is a little to Mango for me, I do like there new summer ale. As for Blackbeard's Ale they are still going strong.
Jay

heinz said...

Thank you. I liked Blackbeard and want to try the Pale Ale, though Summer sounds more to my taste.

Heinz

jeeperman said...

glad to hear your WalMart shipment arrived as ordered and did not get stolen or switched along the way.
I have been looking for an update so now we know it does not happen to every package.
Did the package arrive as originally sealed you think?
Did Walmart have to do any customs paperwork?
The internet sure has changed "remote" living everywhere on earth.

I see your greasing the wheel bearings the right way, hehe.

Weather