Sunday, March 14, 2010

Daylight Savings Time



Daylight Savings Time, originally uploaded by captainjay.
Today is daylight savings time for everyone in the the U.S. except us. The US Virgin Islands does not participate in it so no setting our clocks ahead an hour for us. The joke is that it's too stressful changing all the clocks and since it's supposed to be stress free living down here (ya right), why bother. The truth is we are close enough to the equator that our daylight doesn't change much through out the year so there is no need to "save" that hour of day light. I'm happy because that means the 8:00pm shows are back on at 8:00 instead of 9:00pm. :-)

What's funny is, the clock we have in the bedroom apparently is a "smart" clock and automatically changed our time an hour ahead for daylight savings and we didn't know it. So this morning when the alarm went off at 6:00 am and Jay got up to get ready for work he didn't realize the time change. I slept in an hour and got up at what I thought was 7:00 so I could take him to work and saw on the cable box that it was only 6:00. so poor Jay has been up since 5:00 am! Lol

2 comments:

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I refer to our current time as St Croix time now. Good to be in sync with my favorite islands.

Margo said...

Bummer about your "smart" clock! I hate getting up too early! Glad you're only 3 hrs. ahead of me again instead of 4! :)

Weather