Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Driving around


Driving around, originally uploaded by captainjay.

Drove down the hill this morning after the curfew was lifted to take our friend back to his boat. We saw a lot of smaller trees down and lots of leaves and branches but nothing major. We really dodged a bullet with this one.

Power, internet and cable are still out but I've heard they're making good progress. We've been running the generator most of the day for the fridge and fans. But decided to give it a little break.

I have to say that I've been impressed with ATT through all this. I never lost cell or 3G service. Friends of ours on Sprint was without service most of the time. So kudos to ATT.

The pic above is Hassel Island and Elephant Bay. There are usually lots of boats moored there but most took off to hide in hurricane holes. Quite a few ended up on the shore unfortunately. But our friends boat was fine which was great news.

So now the cleanup and hoping the next system, Fiona, stays north like predicted. I guess we'll see tomorrow afternoon.

Here's a little video of driving down Solberg. Hopefully the link works. Since I'm doing this from the phone I'm not sure it will work.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgzyS3w95ko&sns=em

No comments:

Weather